Sunday, September 4, 2011

Positive, Negative. . . .


"Secrets"
Oil
5" x 7"

I work in several media, moving back and forth between acrylics, oils and watercolors.  I have several paintings being developed concurrently, all sitting out on their easels, awaiting my attention as I feel moved to work on them. Sometimes I'm an "oils mode" for days or weeks at a time, then feel like working in acrylics, or other media. I like this freedom and the open-ended approach.  It keeps a sense of adventure and playfulness fresh for me, and is the method I work best with.

Here is a small oil painting I completed, using a different approach in the layout. I worked this painting up by painting the "spaces", and then refining the negatives that were then left: the leaves. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment