Sunday, September 13, 2009

It's Artwalk Time



(c) 2009 Nancy L. Matus

So I'm gearing up now to resume the downtown Chandler Artwalk, which is every first Wednesday. It's still hot - in the 100's - but I took off all summer and need to re-establish myself in a good location. In the spirit of revving myself up, I found my sketchbook I was taking with me each time. These are sketches from earlier this year before we broke for the summer.

This scene is the little shop we were set up in front of each month. This was a nice location, and we artists are set up along the curb, facing the shops, under the shade of the sidewalk cover. The sun hasn't gone down yet, and when it does, the little white twinkly lights that are draped on all the roof columns and trees go on, and the shops stay open late that night to tempt the crowds with snacks, dinner, drinks.

(c) 2009 Nancy L. Matus

This was a sandals display that a shop right across from me had set out right outside their front door. Almost every woman who passed this table stopped and picked up and examined a pair, then put them down and moved on. All these lonely shoes waiting for a pair of feet to take them home!

No comments:

Post a Comment