Friday, August 28, 2009

Rockforms


"Constant Journey"
14" x 11", alkyd on linen
Copyright 2009 Nancy L. Matus

It's been quite a while since I posted, and a lot's been going on that's diverted me from my daily painting plan. But I did finally paint this larger piece that has been bouncing around in my mind's eye for a long time. I finally figured out how I wanted to do it, and dug out the sketchbooks where I'd been originally working out the idea. 
This piece is in alkyd, on linen. It's on a canvas I stretched myself, on heavy duty stretcher bars. I have been working with oils and the fast-drying alkyds for the past year, and this is the first larger piece I've done using the alkyds. Typically, my previous day's work would dry overnight. 


For prints: paper, framed/matted, on canvas or notecards, click on link below:
Sell Art Online

No comments:

Post a Comment