Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Corsica"
8" x 10"
Alkyd Oil on Canvas Board
(c)2010 NL Matus

Okay, so this is my first post to "The Virtual Paintout". This month, the island of Corsica was selected for our painting subject, and by using Google Maps and streets, I "drove" around the island until I found this charming roadside cafe. The sky seemed a bit overcast, or the weather seemed a bit cold. I was struck by the winding road coming down from the hills, which cuts so closely to the cafe patio! It was separated by just the narrow latticework fence and shrubs.
This was a fun project, and I found myself spending an inordinate amount of time "driving" around the winding roads and through the picturesque countryside, past harbor towns, out into the hill country, and seeing the palm trees which at first seem so out of place in this lush landscape. I'm looking forward to next month's country!

No comments:

Post a Comment